5 Most Hazardous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word
In our day and age, I have noticed, and please correct me if I am wrong, that some people including Christians do not take God’s commands or doctrines very seriously.
Some people think that when the new covenant, the covenant of grace, came into effect, God stopped caring about doctrine. Some feel that doctrine is insignificant in the new covenant, only serving and loving God’s people are what’s important today.
Brethren, I am a firm believer that serving and loving God’s people are important. However, obeying God’s commands and doctrines are very important as well. In fact, not only are we going to be judged on our service to others, but we will also be judged on how faithful we are in following the Word of God.
(1) According to ( Gal. 1:9 ), people who distort the Word of God will be eternally condemned.
(2) According to ( 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:16 ), people who distort the Word of God will bring upon themselves destruction.
(3) We must never intentionally distort the Word of God to satisfy our human and worldly beliefs. If we do, we are jeopardizing our souls.
(4) If we distort or disobey a commandment of God, we commit sin ( 1 Jn. 3:4 ). And you know, as well as I know that sin is a very serious offense.
(5) When God gives us a command, we need to do our very best to follow it. We need to start taking God’s commands more seriously. In the Bible, when people disobeyed God’s instructions, they were punished.